Thursday, November 03, 2011

Eagles vs. Oak Grove #2

Great run in the first half.
The last regular season game was held in Oak Grove with the Eagles playing the other Oak Grove team and it turned out to be the best overall game played by the Eagles all year.  Earlier in the week I tried to motivate them to practice hard and to carry that over into the game on Saturday by telling them that I would buy ice cream if they had good practices all week and won the game.  Well, I don't know if that is what done it or not - but they played the best game of the season by defeating the Oak Grove team and holding them scoreless.  We were able to produce a pretty good lead by halftime and coach felt comfortable enough to spread the ball around and let several players run the ball that hadn't got the opportunity earlier in the season.  I think some of them were surprised how hard it is to gain much yardage when the line doesn't block and open the hole like they are supposed to.

Good tackle to hold the Panthers scoreless.
 I was reminded as soon as the game was over about what I promised and I followed it up with providing Ice Cream for all the players and Coaches at the next practice.  Unfortunately this practice was one of the coldest of the season and was not ideal to be eating ice cream but we did...  Way to go Eagles!

No comments: